times and days we are on

CHILLRA
hi guys
         as we enter an other year my work have taken me off shifts which now means my gaming time has been cut by like 80% lol so having spoke to the wife i`m going to dedecate 2 evenings a week to the game one being friday and maybe a midweek thinking off starting at 7ish end for me 10;30-11,
         i have found our privte server now and will be using this to get us started if only a few turn up then we`ll pop on to one of the other servers ,
         i would like to practices loading unloading of cargo in and around the AO , the recovery of wounded,claering and marking of red areas and gernerlly killing stuff.
         i have a mate from work who got the game over christmas but has not played a game like this in a while and as we know it hard to take it all in in one go , so am hoping to get him on here friday for a bit of a trainnig evenig show him how the devils play , so this friday 6th at around 7 ish for a little trainning let me know if you can make it
Die with your boots on !!!

Re: times and days we are on

WhiteRaven
Yep, I should be on at that time. I made a little scenario where we can have some training: I put a "target course" with red and blue targets to learn how to shoot properly and clear buildings; a "shooting range" with a demolition area and lots of weapons that can be tested; and a "humvee course" where a driver and a gunner can make some exercise of coordination.

If needed, I can add *anything* (more or less). I think that's the best environment to get started ;)
Never touch a burning dog!

Re: times and days we are on

totalboffin
Administrator
Yes Ravens training course is a nice start to get people used to moving around, weapons and targetting near and far. As we go we can build this training out and then move to the Insurgency map.

I'm around this Friday. And 7:30pm-10:30pm is normally good for me.

Normally I just see if anyone else is around in the servers and then pop in, if you just goto the lobby of the game then it will show in Gametracker as online.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you.

Re: times and days we are on

CHILLRA
wicked guys will see you then if you should see sean let him know as well
Die with your boots on !!!

Re: times and days we are on

Sean
Im about most of the day, back yesterday, but as I lack the inclination to load up Arma or check the blog to see who's on most of the time I tend not to catch anyone these days :P

Add me on Skype (thor-ros) if you have it since I have it started most days, mostly to complain to a mate (who has the same car) why our cars are always broken.  I have Simke on there already, but I'll be damned if I have to talk to him all by myself!

Re: times and days we are on

CHILLRA
lol cool cool sean i`ll get that skype thing downlaoded but i have the chance of us using my mate teamspeak 3 room if we wanted to ,tho still like the in game coms  when in game
Die with your boots on !!!

Re: times and days we are on

CHILLRA
oh i had a thort about making a mock compound with the red and blue targets with a fack cache to show the noobs how we roll is that possible?
Die with your boots on !!!

Re: times and days we are on

Sean
I have TS3 as well of course, just let me know if there's a server kicking about for us to use.  I think you can set them up for free as well? But I'm not sure how to host a server to be honest.

Re: times and days we are on

WhiteRaven
I don't know about a dedicated server. By using that, we could be too much oriented on using only it, and cut off other players from the conversation. Actually our "duty" should be to promote teamplay, so a "dedicated anything" should be used only to contact each other and know when we're on ;)
And actually the in-game system works pretty fine, and it's equivalent to TeamSpeak if you leave your mike constantly open lol

About the training: check it out on the private server, the training missions that is on is exactly like you say Chillra. It has a target course with red and blue targets inside a mosque and a compound; a shooting range with lots of weapons (western, eastern and a guerrilla cache) and targets at different distances (from 30m to 650m), with possibility to use launchers (guided and unguided); a humvee course with a small village (Imarat) littered with solid obstacles and red targets to promote coordination between driver and gunner; a flight course with transport choppers (Little Bird, Blackhawk, Chinook) and Apaches, along with red blue and black targets on top of a mountain to train the gunner; a landing area for transport choppers, to train airborne troops, minigun gunners, and transport pilot.
About the shooting range, I have a little lesson about grenades, which makes you really understand how they work and how to throw them properly. There's also a "demolition range" with a guerrilla cache inside a house, so a noob can look for it, set up a satchel and run away exactly how we do in Insurgency :P
I added many possible players, so if you enable AI you can see the different roles and we can set up a brief lesson also about that.

So there's basically everything we need to train anyone in the basics ;)
Never touch a burning dog!

Re: times and days we are on

totalboffin
Administrator
Yes Raven's training is great.

As for teamspeak, I can setup a dedicated server on the boffin server, my only concern with teamspeak is that i found when I joined other servers it was just yet another thing to setup and without it the normal player feels isolated.

For teamplay, I think having only one person talking at once is probably a good thing.

The arma voice system works quite well? If we are using it just to see when people are on or communicate outside of arma then Skype might be another choice. My skype account is totalboffin. Skype + Gaming probably not a good mix though.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you.

Re: times and days we are on

CHILLRA
ok will just use the in game chat for the game one at a time sound cool and maybe skype to just get in tuoch quickly :O)
Die with your boots on !!!

Re: times and days we are on

CHILLRA
oh raven cant wait to try out the trainnig camp sound awesome :O)
Die with your boots on !!!

Re: times and days we are on

Sean
We now have a little group chat on Skype, which is useful for those of us who are on Skype for other reasons, etc and we can coordinate in real time there which is nice.

Still like the ingame/teamspeak route for ingame though, as a Skype call with multiple people can be a resource drain, especially for the host.

Add me on Skype (thor-ros) if you want to join or ask Boffin, Chillra or Simke to punt you in if you already have them on Skype.

Re: times and days we are on

UNA Dirk
Usually I use Teamspeak when playing with the clan, additionally I use the ingame com...

For Skype search for dirk.trockel
Watch Your six!

Re: times and days we are on

CHILLRA
the more i game with you guys the more we work well and are really getting the team work down to a fine art but would like to do more ,with the way my life is at the moment i can only game twice in the week in the evenings sometimes over the weekend .
  would like to know when is good for you guys to game would like to set some days up when we are likely to be on at the same time
   so for this week coming up i`m on tuesday and friday let me know if anyone will be around
Die with your boots on !!!

Re: times and days we are on

Badger
I'm good during weekdays so thumbs up for making tuesday more interesting :)
Slow is smooth and smooth is fast