Gaming Mice?

totalboffin
Administrator
This post was updated on .
I'm looking to replace my standard old dell mouse with a gaming mouse with a number of easily accessible buttons.

Idea is that a mouse should be able to allow me to access a number of useful functions:

- Direct voice Push to Talk
- Squad voice Push to Talk
- Side voice Push to Talk (optional)
- Show GPS
- Show Compass
- Switch optics
- Rest weapon / Deploy bipod (shift space)

possible other functions
- Fast switch to m203 (shift 2)
- Fast switch back to rifle (shift 1)

Suggestions from people so far:
Logitech G500 mouse (looks good, would have liked a few more buttons)
Logitech G700 wireless (more buttons so might go for this one)
Cyborg M.M.O 7 Gaming Mouse  (crazy looking mouse, Badger mentioned this one also - quite expensive, but lots of buttons around the mouse).
Cataclysm mouse (normally used for mmogs)
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you.

Re: Gaming Mice?

winters
Playing with a gaming mice changes the life in Arma (and other games).

I changes from a standart wireless Logitech to the Logitech G500 mouse. Aiming is much more accurate and it lies good in the hand (I use all the additional weights).
I also think the cable is good for gamplay. You have everytime full power on your mouse. Ok, new wireless equipment has a charging station, but when you play a long time or the mouse is older it is possible that you loose maximum power during playing and the response times of the mouse will be slower.
After testing a older wireless gaming mouse of a friend I decided to go back to the roots and change all back to tethered.

The G500 normaly has 3 keys to change, but there are 2 keys for the DPI (mouse sensitivity) you can also change when you set your preferred DPI.

I use:
- Fast switch to m203 (shift 2)
- Fast switch back to rifle (shift 1)

- Show GPS
- change speed
- lower/raise weapon (I like moving with a lowered weapon. More realistik and in ArmA 2 there was a function, civillians didn't talk to you when the waepon was raised, that was nice.)

hope that can help you a little bit
bg dd header

Re: Gaming Mice?

totalboffin
Administrator
Nice thanks Winters, I think a gaming mouse with buttons is definately needed.

Looking forward to my new mouse arriving.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you.

Re: Gaming Mice?

totalboffin
Administrator
Mouse arrived. Cyborg 7 MMO.

cyborg mmo

Took me a few hours to get used to its shape.

Loving the 5 directional thumb joy button on the left side (using it squad & side channel radio, go prone & get back up, 3rd person view switch and weapon reload).

Other mapped buttons:
Optics mode
Compass toggle
GPS toggle
M203 fastswitch toggle
Rifle fastswitch toggle
Rest rifle
Grenade range up down (using thumbscroll wheel)
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you.

Re: Gaming Mice?

Viper
Yeah cool it looks like something from Transformers

Re: Gaming Mice?

David
Nice article guys!! Well, I am looking for MMO mouse through which I can play long hrs games which is comfortable and in my range.Can anyone suggest me from where I can get?

Re: Gaming Mice?

Badger

4 years later and now spam. Still miss you guys a lot.

On 9 Sep 2016 20:07, "David [via totalboffin's forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Nice article guys!! Well, I am looking for MMO mouse through which I can play long hrs games which is comfortable and in my range.Can anyone suggest me from where I can get?

http://totalboffin-s-forum.2313639.n4.nabble.com/Gaming-Mice-tp4501563p4641244.html
To start a new topic under Hardware, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from totalboffin's forum, click here.
NAML
Slow is smooth and smooth is fast

Re: Gaming Mice?

David
Hello guys!! From the past few days , I was juggling with mymouse as I am found of playing pc games. My friend suggested me to go for MMO mouse. really It is very convenient and easy to use and its is adaptable as well.

Re: Gaming Mice?

Badger

Obvious Indian spam is obvious

http://totalboffin-s-forum.2313639.n4.nabble.com/Gaming-Mice-tp4501563p4641246.html