Arma OA Update

Antimatter
So the OA patch came out last night. When will the servers be updated to 1.62?

Re: Arma OA Update

thekillingscotsmin
yeah i noticed aswell didnt even get asked from steam if i wanted the update or not o well soon hopefully

Re: Arma OA Update

totalboffin
Administrator
Just waiting for the Linux build of v1.62 and then will update the servers.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you.

Re: Arma OA Update

Antimatter
As usual this will no doubt take forever with the Linux patch

Re: Arma OA Update

totalboffin
Administrator
There is now an alpha version of 1.62 for Dedicated Linux servers, so I'm trying this out. It's not very stable so mulitplayer games may crash the server, but it will restart it the game.

As soon as a stable version is released will update the servers.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you.

Re: Arma OA Update

thekillingscotsmin
I know it's not a stable version boff but i thought i'd give you the head's up.

Ok so i can join server now but once i get in i get no message error after about 30secs being in the server but at least i can now join server lol hope you get it sorted out dood must be a pain in da arse.

Re: Arma OA Update

totalboffin
Administrator
I've updated the server with the next alpha server release v.162.95946

I hope this will be more stable, but haven't really tested it yet. Will cross my fingers.

As soon as the next update is released for the linux servers I will upgrade the servers.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you.

Re: Arma OA Update

winters
Very nice, I will in the course of the evening test with some people and then report.
bg dd header

Re: Arma OA Update

winters
I tried to play on the 3rd and the 1st Server several times. Every time I lost within a short time the connection (max 5 min). Hope the next update is comming soon.
bg dd header

Re: Arma OA Update

totalboffin
Administrator
Trying out v1.62.96458 of the Arma Linux Server build but still no joy. Server is very unhappy with this build.

Not sure what I can do. Very disappointed with the linux support for Arma ;-(
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you.

Re: Arma OA Update

totalboffin
Administrator
As the Linux Buid for the latest version of Arma 2 OA (1.62) is not at all stable.

I've setup my old computer as a dedicated Windows Arma 2 server. It will be running the insurgency map and will be a vanilla install of Arma to start with.

look for totalboffin (as host) in the Arma multiplayer server list to find the new windows server
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you.

Re: Arma OA Update

totalboffin
Administrator
1st Linux Server is back online, I've had to disable its GameTracker connection (so doesn't show in the multiplayer listings) as it seems to cause some of the stability issues.

If you want to test out the alpha server need to connect to remote ip 188.165.207.59 and port 2302

Currently the alpha server is running CBA, ACRE and JSRS sound mod but all are optional.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you.